Monday, June 21, 2010

Landscaping!

One of the downsides to purchasing a home in the winter that my husband and I stumbled upon, was the landscaping. Apparently it's an unwritten rule that you have to wait until late spring/early summer to see what treasures (or not) await you. Well, whether it was intentional or not, we did just that. I will say, we had some very pretty tulips come up in the spring, and recently had some beautiful lilies bloom. However, we had some very, well, large "decorative" grass take over the front flower beds as well. They were half dead and made the house look smaller than it actually is. That all changed this weekend.

B's parents and sister came to visit with us this past weekend, along with their two dogs and his brother's dog. Yes, we had four dogs running around our house, but that's another post for another day. In the week leading up to their arrival, my mother in law asked if she wanted me to have her bring some plants down to put around the house. As hesitant as I was, I said yes, and I'm so thankful I did. Since B had to work all weekend (again, another post for another day), the three of us, with his sister supervising, completely redid both front flower boxes, the area around a tree in the front yard, as well as two corners in the back yard. It looks pretty good if I do say so myself! And hopefully, it looks even better next year!

Before:


After:


Just a side note, that porch is a "spare" front door if you will. I have no idea why, but we have two front doors. The covered porch leads into our dining room where our table blocks the door. Before the end of summer, I hope to put a couple chairs and a little table out there, and repaint the rails. Oh the joys of homeownership.

No comments:

Post a Comment